Areas of Focus
VIA Lawyers is a premiere Florida law firm counseling clients and businesses of any size with tax and financial matters. We rely on a very experience team of expert counselors to implement comprehensive strategies which will best solve each client's tax matters and financial challenges.
IRS Dispute Resolution
- Tax Court (docketed) Litigation
- Tax Return Amendments
- Notice of Deficiency Counseling
- Offers in Compromise
- IRS Installment Agreemnts
- Audits and Assessments
- Levy and Garnishment Relief
- Qualified Opportunity Fund ("QOF") qualification requirement advisory
- Formation and advisory on QOFs
- Formation and Creation of Businesses for Qualified Opportunity Zones
Internal Revenue Code section 1031 allows for a tax deferral mechanism. This code section provides a tax tool to create a deferral on taxable gains when the user of this code exchanges one property for another. There are timing requirements to satisfy this code and other strict rules that must be followed, such as using a qualified intermediary for the transaction. Our team may represent you on this exchange and assist in identifying a potential exchange property, finding a qualified intermediary, and counsel on the laws relating to a 1031 exchange.